When February Comes Around...


1. I've recently gotten back into letter writing and I don't know why I ever stopped! There's something so satisfying about writing a letter to a friend rather than just a quick text to say hello. It's so much more meaningful. Snail mail is the way to go. :)

2. Valentine's Day is one of my favorite holidays, which is funny because I've never had a boyfriend to spend the day with. Instead, I spend it with a bunch of my girlfriends, having a girls night out and then a sleepover watching chick flicks and eating junk food. I love dressing up in valentine's themed outfits, with red + pink + purple, aaaannnd of course hearts everywhere. Plus those candy hearts are my favorite things ever. Seriously, I cannot stop eating them.

3. We went to Winter Jam this month! Even though I only liked a couple of the bands there this year, I still enjoyed going with family and friends. Waiting in line and eating snacks, walking around the venue during my not-so-favorite bands and looking for people we know, singing as loud as I can- these things are always fun.

4. Lately I've been obsessed with documentaries. Netflix has a ton of great ones! I always find them interesting and, a lot of the time, inspiring. I also always feel like I'm learning something. Watching The Truth Behind; Bigfoot may not be the most educational or inspiring thing to do... But that's all in the eye of the beholder, right?

What did you do this month?


6 comments :

  1. Great post Ashley! There's something beautiful about letter writing especially in this day and age. Also, I am on the same boat with you on the spirit of Valentine's Day! ;)

    -Blaze Ann
    P31beauty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, dear! I agree, letter writing is so underrated these days.

      Delete
  2. Haha, I laughed at the candy hearts part. I'm more of a chocolate girl, but I'm glad they bring you so much joy. :)
    Snail mail is the best! It's so much fun to get an actual letter instead of just junk mail.

    Virginia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love chocolate too! I know, I get so excited when I see that something came for me in the mail. :)

      Delete
  3. Fun post Ashley! Valentine's Day can totally be fun, even without a significant other. Gotta love dressing up in those girly outfits. ;) It's also great that you watch shows that involve learning as well as entertainment. :)
    This January I started a new job, was in a wedding, and have kept on practicing my dulcimer! It's been exciting and challenging.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Paige! Sounds like you had an exciting month!

      Delete