New Year's "Resolutions"

Okay guys, so blogger had some sort of update, like more than a month ago. And I've only just figured out how to access my reading list yesterday. I can't tell you how frustrating it was not being able to see all of your lovely blog posts! And I didn't realize how much you all inspired me, because during the time when I couldn't read your blogs I was so uninspired and took a long break from blogging. Well, seeing all your blog posts that I've missed really inspired me to blog again, so here I am! I'll probably never be a consistent blogger, but I do hope I never give it up completely. I love the community of bloggers I have here and connecting with all of you guys!



So today I want to talk about New Year's resolutions. With New Years coming up, I think everybody starts thinking a lot about New Years resolutions. I consider resolutions to be things that you want to change in your current lifestyle, and instead of making a resolution to change something about myself or my lifestyle, I'm going to make a general goal for 2017, and that goal is to do more.
I love, for lack of a better word, adventures. It seems like everyone nowadays considers themselves an 'adventurer', myself among them, but the truth is I don't really have adventures at all. Maybe it's a combination of not having my drivers license yet (despite being seventeen years old... yep) or the fact that I don't have anyone to have 'adventures' with, but most of my free time is just spent at home, watching Netflix. And there's nothing wrong with a little Netflix every once in awhile, but I just want 2017 to be the year that I actually experience some of the things I've been wanting to experience.
What I really want is to travel, but since for now I'm stuck right where I am, I might as well make the best of it.


I'll start with little things. Like hiking, riding my bike more, maybe I'll go to one of those gyms where you can climb up the walls... What is that called?
I want to eat sushi, go to local museums, meet new people.
Then maybe someday, beyond 2017, I'll go on a camping/biking trip. Or I'll take a train somewhere for the weekend.
And then I'll travel further and climb a mountain. I'll meet people and learn more about their unique cultures. I'll see the northern lights. There's so many things I want to do! Hopefully 2017 will be the year that gets me started on the right track! And hey, it can't be worse than 2016 was, right? (panicked laughter) Right?

Well, I really do hope all of you have the best year yet. And I hope you all enjoy life and have great adventures! Happy New Year!

-Ash

p.s. GUYS. I just got a new blog design and I love it. What do you guys think??

2 comments :

  1. The blogger update is the WORST. Gosh.

    Here's to 2017 adventures!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I completely agree! It's totally throwing me off.
      Hope you have a great 2017!

      Delete