DIY Perfectly Lovely Sendable Envelopes






























Ever wondered how to make your own adorable envelopes? I have, so the other day I looked up a few tutorials (here's the one I used.*) and decided to make some envelopes! I like making envelopes instead of using store bought ones because they are absolutely adorable and you can personalize them however you want! Here's how I made mine:

*The Origami Square Envelope. I modified mine from that tutorial a bit.

Step 1: Look up the requirements for envelope size with your local postal service. You want to be sure that your envelopes can be sent!

Step 2:  Gather supplies! I used a 12" x 12" piece of square scrapbook paper and tape. If you don't have scrapbook paper and are cutting a square out of something else, you're going to want a ruler and a pair of scissors as well.


Step 3: Starting from the opposite side that you want showing (for me the blank side), fold from corner to corner to make a triangle shape.


Step 4: Unfold it and do the same with the other two corners. Unfold again and you should end up with the last picture.




Step 5: Turn it so that a corner is facing you. Fold the corner up so that the tip is touching where the two creases in your paper meet.


Step 6: Fold up the length of the piece you folded in step 5.


Step 7: Fold the end over so that it's just a little beyond the crease.


Step 8: To the same to the other side.


Step 9: Tape it down.


And you're done! 




8 comments :

  1. Yes! Truly Lovely! It's cool to see someone so artistic... I love art & related things, but for whatever reason I'm not that crafty. Cool tutorial!

    Ireland from http://irelandrhea.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Ireland! Haha, I'm really not that crafty, these are just incredibly easy. :)

      Delete
  2. This is so cute and easy! Definitely going to use for future reference... thanks for the diy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's awesome, Abigail! Hope you try it.

      Delete
  3. Yay for homemade envelopes! I love making my own too from fun printed paper :) Oh, you HAVE to try making them with vellum!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! Homemade envelopes are so fun.

      Delete