Sweater Dress












dress - thrift store // shoes - second hand shop // ring - hand me down // earrings - f21 

Do you ever find a piece of clothing that is just absolutely perfect? That's how I feel about this dress. My mother and I were going to have dinner with our family and some friends, and we went to the thrift store on a whim to buy dresses. (Oh and in case you were wondering, we had Indian food and it turns out that I don't like Indian food like I thought I would.) I tried on this dress and even though it was too warm to wear it that day I bought it anyway because I just loved it. It made me think of something Zooey Deschanel would wear, and my sister said it looked like a mix of Zooey Deschanel + Jojo from Horton Hears a Who. (I took it as a compliment.) I wore to bible study with some girlfriends on Saturday. We had cinnamon rolls + strawberry shortcake and talked about our lives. Sometimes the bible study part of bible study doesn't actually happen, but it's still a good time to bond with each other and give each other biblical advice and encourage each other and all that good stuff. Also! Last Thursday I had my first ever volleyball practice! I've never played any sports on a team before. I think it's going to be a great experience.

What have you been doing lately? 

6 comments :

  1. So cute! That dress looks beautiful! Especially with those boots!
    -Margaret
    http://happyinheels.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. love the dress and boots! you definitely captured Zooey Deschanel's style! i really like her style.. it's cute, feminine, and a bit vintage.

    ❤ Blaze Ann
    www.p31beauty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like you have been up to some fun stuff! I have never tried Indian food, it has never seemed like something I would like, who knows. Good luck with volleyball!
    -V

    ReplyDelete
  4. CUTE!!! Love those booties, they add such a vintage flare.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful dress, Ashley! Really flatters you....(:

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a pretty outfit, and I especially love the boots! I love Zooey Deschanel's sense of style -- it's the perfect mix of class and vintage! I could definitely see her wearing something like this. Have fun with volleyball!

    -Molly, themollymouseblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete