Wearing Vintage in a Modern Way


Hey dolls! I hope you've had a lovely Saturday. A few days ago I went vintage shopping with my sister and when I tried on this dress we both liked it so much that she offered to buy it for me (she's insanely awesome like that). I immediately started thinking up ways to style it and I asked her how she thought I could wear it without looking costume-y. She told me I should try pairing it with more modern accessories. Well, that's what I tried doing here. Of course, it's a vintage dress so it's not going to look totally modern but I just wanted to make it look a bit more normal. :) It's not that there's anything wrong with looking straight out of an era, in fact I like that too, but that's just not what I wanted this time around.

 jacket - walmart // dress - vintage // shoes - hand me down // earrings - walmart // ring - hand me down







How do you like to style vintage?

10 comments :

  1. So, so incredibly adorable. Love that look on you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute dress! I like your jacket too! :D By the way, how did you style your bun?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Paige! I just flipped my head over and twisted my hair up.

      Delete
  3. Cute dress! How sweet of your sister to buy it for you :)
    -Margaret
    http://happyinheels.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Yes, she's a dear. :)

      Delete
  4. Such a beautiful dress! It looks wonderful on you! :)
    -Molly
    themollymouseblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're so sweet, thank you!

      Delete
  5. You look beautiful!! And aren't sisters awesome? <3
    I love vintage but usually don't wear much of it myself..but in any case you look absolutely darling!!

    ReplyDelete