90's Stripes // Update

Hey loves! Today I'm going to do a bit of an update post with just some stuff that I've been up to lately. I've been really busy so I figured I owe you all an explanation as to why I've been kind of MIA lately. I'm also going to be sharing with you guys this outfit that I've been OBSESSED with lately so yay.



This year I'm doing dual enrollment at my local community college, which means that along with my homeschool classes for high school I'll be taking some community college classes on campus. I'm taking two classes there, Communications 100 + English 101. So far I'm loving being able to go to class instead of taking all my classes at home. Don't get me wrong, I love homeschooling- and I'm actually an introvert! But it's so much fun going to school 3 days a week. It has been a lot of getting used to though, the learning style is different and such. I think I'm transitioning okay but it has been a little difficult.


My volleyball season started! I absolutely love volleyball and I only wish I had started doing volleyball a long time ago. This is only my second year playing so I'm really not very good, but I've definitely improved from when I started! Any fellow volleyball players out there?

The team I play with is actually an hour away from me though so it's just a bit of a commute... haha. It's so worth it, but it does eat up a lot of my time.


So there's just a tiny insight into my life! Now we can get to the fun part and talk about my outfit.

I don't know if you guys know this, but I'm totally obsessed with 90's fashion. Like, hardcore obsessed. I think this outfit looks really 90's and I'm pretty much in love.


I found this sweater when I went to the thrift store with my mom for just a few minutes. I almost didn't go to the thrift store (I know... Like are you okay Ashley??) because I wanted to stay at Joann's a little longer for craft supplies for some projects I wanted to do. But then I came to my senses and realized that yes, of course I wanted to go to the thrift store! I found this sweater right away and I definitely squealed on the inside but y'know, I was in a store, gotta act mature. It was six dollars guys. SIX. DOLLARS. SCCCCOOORRRRREEEE


It kinda reminds me of something Rory Gilmore would wear (or maybe did wear?) in the early seasons of Gilmore Girls. Although she wasn't much for crop tops.


sweater - Saver's // skirt - Target // backpack + ring - hand-me-down // earrings - Forever 21 // boots - Goodwill //

And anyway, this whole outfit is just a combination of my favorite pieces right now. I got the boots at Goodwill (for five dollars I might add) and I wear them all the time even though they kill my feet. That's how cute they are. The necklace finishes off almost every outfit splendidly. The ring and earrings are my go-tos lately, and, not to be dramatic or anything, but that backpack is life.

What have you been doing lately? What's your favorite decade for fashion? 

xx Ash

5 comments :

  1. I love this sweater, it's so cute! Totally giving off the 90's vibe with this outfit.

    That's super cool you're taking some college classes this year, I am too! I don't start till the 19th (Which is SOON), but I'm also taking English 101 and then Education Paraprofessional 202. I'm still finishing highschool up at home too, but I'm excited to see what college classes are like. Hopefully I wont drown or explode.

    Elizabeth
    http://whimsicalthoughtss.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree; that sweater definitely looks like the kind of cozy but put-together kind of outfit Rory Gilmore would wear. I think it looks great with your shoes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are so fashionable, Ashley! Love this outfit on you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such a cool outfit! Gotta love the 90's:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this outfit!! Great blog:) xx Dom- Teeshirtandjeansblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete